Today marks the 38th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court decision that protects women’s health and reproductive freedom, and affirms a fundamental principle: that government should not intrude on private family matters.
I am committed to protecting this constitutional right. I also remain committed to policies, initiatives, and programs that help prevent unintended pregnancies, support pregnant women and mothers, encourage healthy relationships, and promote adoption.
And on this anniversary, I hope that we will recommit ourselves more broadly to ensuring that our daughters have the same rights, the same freedoms, and the same opportunities as our sons to fulfill their dreams.
– Barack Obama — January 22, 2011
Obama: “Look, I got two daughters – nine years old and six years old. I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby.”
President Obama made a promise to Planned Parenthood they expect him to keep.
“The first thing I’d do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That’s the first thing I’d do.”
The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) would eliminate every restriction on abortion nationwide.
- FOCA will do away with state laws on parental involvement, on partial birth abortion, and on all other protections.
- FOCA will compel taxpayer funding of abortions.
- FOCA will force faith-based hospitals and healthcare facilities to perform abortions.
Barack Obama believes this legislation will “end the culture wars.” To him, “ending the culture wars” means eradicating every state and federal law on abortion — laws that the majority of Americans support.
Americans United for Life (AUL), a pro-life law and policy organization, has prepared an analysis of the “Freedom of Choice Act.” Please click here to read AUL Vice President & Legal Director Denise Burke’s analysis of this horrendous legislation.
Progressives shed tears for anchor babies and GITMO detainees, but when it comes to the sanctity of human life; a baby in a mother’s womb, they are stone cold, soulless creatures.
Here’s a running list of Obama’s Pro-Abortion record at Life Site News. It is quite lengthy. You may find incidents that you hadn’t heard of before. I know I did.
Also see: Ed Lasky’s “Obama’s Abortion Challenge” at American Thinker.
Update January 23, 2012:
Obama doubles down on his above (2011) statement on anniversary of Roe vs Wade:
- Doc Drop: Grand Jury Report: Philly Abortionist Kermit B. Gosnell Multiple Murder Charges [Updated]
- “House of Horrors” — West Philly Abortion Dr Kermit Gosnell Killed Babies Born Alive With Scissors
- The Disturbing History of Planned Parenthood: Black Genocide Inspired by Nazi Style Eugenics
- Complaint Filed to Disbar Kagan for Falsifying Partial-Birth Abortion Testimony
- 1952 Planned Parenthood Pamphlet “Abortion “kills the life of a baby after it has begun” [Image]
- Hitler Abortion Billboard Up in Poland