Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!
In the wake of the recent US Embassy attacks, I have asked; “Where were the Marines during the embassy breaches? “Who told them to stand down”? In the case of the US Embassy breach in Egypt, it appears that I now have a most disturbing answer.
She [US Ambassador to Egypt Ann Patterson] did not permit US Marine guards to carry live ammunition, according to USMC blogs. Thus she neutralized any US military capability that was dedicated to preserve her life and protect the US Embassy. In this respect, she did not defend US sovereign territory and betrayed her oath of office. She neutered the Marines posted to defend the embassy, trusting the Egyptians over the Marines.
She apparently judges that Egyptian President Mursi spearheads a democracy and a new civil order, despite the mounting evidence that Mursi disregards US interests, cavorts with US enemies, is a budding authoritarian ruler who disdains parliament and does not honor the basic obligations of diplomatic agreements and the Geneva conventions.
Readers, by definition, whenever an embassy of any country is overrun by locals in any country, everyone knows that the ambassador and senior staff must be replaced.
Readers also should remember that by definition the time for an official government protest for an attack on a US embassy is always when rioters attack or deface the embassy compound itself, long before they violate or penetrate the US sovereign territory or deface the US Flag. Not nine hours later and not when the details become clear. Then it is too late to take action to keep an embassy from burning or to protect American diplomats. The objective is safety, more than knowledge.
The US simply failed to defend itself.It bears repeating: apologies never mollify criminals. Only law abiding citizens believe such baloney. Criminals consider apologies to be acts of submission, especially in foreign cultures.
When NightWatch wrote last night, every news channel carried video footage of the violation of the US Embassy; the destruction of the Embassy’s US flag; the raising of the Islamic flag – not the al Qaida flag, mind you – and the burning of the US flag.
AFTER those events, the news services carried Ambassador Patterson’s denunciation of Americans at fault. Ambassador Patterson at no time denounced in public the Islamists who violated her Embassy.
The bottom line is that some deferential, weak US diplomats have done more to encourage anti-American outbursts and to promote the perception of US weakness and subservience to Muslims than US citizens exercising free speech. They need to be vetted and replaced because they do not speak for us.[...]
Submission is surrender.
THIS. CAN. NOT. STAND.
H/T’s Joe Siewell and the Washington Free Beacon
- ‘Sympathy For The Devil’ Dedicated To ‘Obama The Impotent’ AKA ‘He Who Bows’
- Attention ‘Obama The Impotent’! A 3rd Breach On Your Watch! The US Embassy In Yemen Under Assault [Photos]
- Trailer For “Innocence of Muslims” Mo Mocking Film That Sparked Deadly Islamic Jihad In Libya & Muslim Riots In Egypt –Filmmaker Sam Bacile In Hiding
- Romney: Obama Admin. Response To Egypt & Libya Embassy Attacks “Disgraceful”
- Libya: Armed With RPG’s Muslim Mob Sets Fire To US Consulate [Update 3: US Ambassador & 3 Staff Members Dead - Video of Consulate Being Burned To The Ground]
- Egypt: Muslims Tear Down American Flag At US Embassy Replace It With Black Flag Of Jihad [Photos & Video] –Embassy Bows