Benghazi Emails PROVE Obama, White House & Admin. KNEW al-Qaeda Linked Terrorists Took Credit TWO Hours After Attack –Update: 100′s Of Nat’l Security Figures Received Email Alerts In REAL TIME
No mention of the ‘video’. Fancy that!
(CBS News) It was six weeks ago on Tuesday that terrorists attacked the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.
Now, CBS News has obtained email alerts that were put out by the State Department as the attack unfolded. Four Americans were killed in the attack, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens.
These emails contain the earliest description so far of what happened at Benghazi the night of the attack.
At 4:05 p.m. Eastern time, on September 11, an alert from the State Department Operations Center was issued to a number government and intelligence agencies. Included were the White House Situation Room, the office of the Director of National Intelligence, and the FBI.
“US Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi Under Attack” — “approximately 20 armed people fired shots; explosions have been heard as well. Ambassador Stevens, who is currently in Benghazi, and four COM (Chief of Mission/embassy) personnel are in the compound safe haven.”
At 4:54 p.m., less than an hour later, another alert: “the firing… in Benghazi…has stopped…A response team is on site attempting to locate COM (embassy) personnel.”
Then, at 6:07 p.m., State sent out another alert saying the embassy in Tripoli reported the Islamic military group “Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibilty for Benghazi Attack“… “on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli.”
The emails are just a few in what are likely a large number traded throughout the night. They are likely to become part of the ongoing political debate over whether the administration attempted to mislead in saying the assault was an outgrowth of a protest, rather than a planned attack by terrorists.
Adding fuel to the raging treasonous bonfire, Jennifer Rubin reports that the White House and the State Dept. were REPEATEDLY WARNED of the ‘increasingly dangerous‘ situation in Benghazi beforehand, yet US Embassies were
ordered advised to pretend as if everything was hunky dory, full of sunshine and rainbows:
And finally, this Reuters report suggests the administration was entirely unprepared for the 9-11 attacks.:
“In the months before the deadly attack in Benghazi, Libya, U.S. and allied intelligence agencies warned the White House and State Department repeatedly that the region was becoming an increasingly dangerous vortex for jihadist groups loosely linked or sympathetic to al Qaeda, according to U.S. officials.
Despite those warnings, and bold public displays by Islamist militants around Benghazi, embassies in the region were advised to project a sense of calm and normalcy in the run-up to the anniversary of the September 11 attacks in the United States.”
In short, it appears that the Obama administration didn’t take 9-11 all that seriously, and when tragedy hit, it went into spin mode. Now the president is caught in a tangle of contradictions.
Appearances were all that mattered to Obama, NOT the lives of our US diplomats.
— Adam Baldwin (@adamsbaldwin) October 24, 2012
(Greta Van Susteren) Fox has obtained a set of internal emails which declare that the group Ansar al Sharia claimed responsibility of the attack in Benghazi virtually as the raid played out on September 11th.
Ansar al Sharia has been declared by the State Department to be a an al Qaeda affiliated group. The emails were sent by the State Department to across a variety of redacted national security platforms including the White House Situation room, the Pentagon, the FBI, the Director of National Intelligence and the State Department. Fox is told that approximately 300-400 national security figures received these emails in real time almost as the raid was playing out and concluding. Fox is told that figures directly receiving these emails work directly underneath the nation’s top national security, military and diplomatic officials.