[PHOTO] Michelle Obama Visiting Shadowy Terror Suspect Saudi National Abdul Rahman Al-Harbi In The Hospital ??
(Post has been updated and edited)
Whiskey tango foxtrot.
H/T The Right Scoop
(The Blaze) –The above photo montage, which was posted at FreeRepublic today, originally appears on the Facebook page for â€œEC Boston Saudiâ€™s.â€ EC Boston most likely refers to the EC Boston English Language School. The Arabic caption on the photo reads: â€œØ§Ø®ÙˆÙ†Ø§ Ø¹Ø¨Ø¯Ø§Ù„Ø±ØÙ…Ù† Ø§Ù„ØØ±Ø¨ÙŠ Ù…Ø¹ Ù…ÙŠØ´ÙŠÙ„ Ø£ÙØ¨Ø§Ù…Ø§ ÙˆØ§ØµØ§ØØ¨Ø©â€
Filtered through Google Translate, this comes out to: â€œBrother Abdul Rahman Alharbi with Michelle [untranslatable]Â and Asahabh.â€ The photos were originally posted by Facebook user Yazeed Salem, who appears to be pictured with Alharbi in the top-left photo.
The individual photographs give every appearance of being genuine. There is no obvious sign of Photoshopping (although itâ€™s possible they have been). Moreover, the business card in the photos belongs to an actual White House Staffer â€” namely, Robert Schmuck, Special Assistant to the President and Traveling Aide (although his title appears to have changed in the last year). The First Lady is also pictured in the outfit she wore to visit Boston area hospitals last week.
First Lady Michelle Obama was also reported to have visited with Alharbi on Thursday, after arriving in Boston with President Obama to visit victims of the bombings being treated in three separate hospitals, according to the well known Saudi Arabian news site Ozak.com. [Correction: Ozak.com.sa --ed.]
Edit: Screenshot of the Saudi news site Ozak.com.sa’s report (Google translated) on Michelle visiting Alharbi at the hospital:
Original version here: http://www.okaz.com.sa/new/mobile/20130419/Con20130419591948.htm
Screenshot of the photo collage as it appears on EC Boston Saudi’s facebook page uploaded by Saudi National Yazeed Salem:
BTW according to Yazeed Salem’sÂ facebook profile, he works at of all places King Fahad Armed Forces Hospital in –Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. How current that info is is anyone’s guess. Especially since his location is listed as Boston, Mass.
Edit: Screenshot of Yazeed Salem’s facebook cover photo of him and Abdul Rahman Al-Harbi:
Background/timeline info also via The Blaze:
For the past week, Glenn Beck has been investigating a Saudi national once identified as a â€œperson of interestâ€ in the Boston Marathon bombing.Â The story has taken a number of alarming twists and turns, but on his radio program Wednesday, Beck released some of the most interesting information yet.
But first, here are a few background points on how the case developed:
- >A Saudi national originally identified as a â€œperson of interestâ€ in the Boston Marathon bombing was set to be deportedÂ under section 212, 3B â€” â€œSecurity and related groundsâ€ â€” â€œTerrorist activitiesâ€ after the bombing on April 15
- >TheBlaze received word that the government may not deport the Saudi national â€” identified as Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi â€” as the story gained traction on April 18.
- Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano refused to answer questions on the subject by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) on Capitol Hill on April 18, saying the inquiry was â€œso full of misstatements and misapprehension that itâ€™s just not worthy of an answer.â€
- >An ICE official said April 18 that a different Saudi national is in custody, but that he is â€œin no wayâ€ connected to the bombings.
- Key congressmen of the Committee on Homeland Security request a classified briefing with Napolitano on April 22
- New info provided to TheBlaze reveals Alharbiâ€™s file was altered on the evening of April 17 to disassociate him from the initial charges
- Sources say April 22 that the Saudiâ€™s student visa specifically allows him to go to school in Findlay, Ohio, though he appears to have an apartment in Boston, Mass. A DHS official told TheBlaze Alharbi properly transferred his student visa to a school in Massachusetts.
- TheBlaze sources reveal April 22 that Alharbi was put on a terror watchlist after the bombing, and Napolitano confirmed on April 23 that he was briefly on a â€œwatchlistâ€
Here are a couple of new points, as Beck related them:
- The event file created for Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi indicated he was â€œarmed and dangerousâ€
- Alharbi was admitted into the country under a â€œspecial advisory option,â€ which is usually reserved for visiting politicians, VIPs, or journalists.Â The event file cover page indicates he was granted his status without full vetting.
- One of the first excuses given by law enforcement when confronted about Alharbiâ€™s pending deportation was an expired visa.Â But according to the event file, his visa is good until 11-NOV-2016.
- The event file indicates he entered the U.S. on 08/28/12 in Boston, MA but says he is a student at the University of Findlay, in Findlay, Ohio.Â He has an apartment in Boston, and doesnâ€™t seem to have been a full-time student in Ohio.
- When a file is created in the system, the author(s) are notified via email when it is accessed and given the email address of the person accessing, so there is a record within the government data system of who was there.Â It was amended to remove the deportation reference, then someone later went in and tried to destroy both the original event file and an amended versions.Â We wonâ€™t say who at this time, but copies have already been made.
- Â The original event file was reviewed and approved by two high level agents â€“ Chief Watch Commander Maimbourg and Watch Commander Mayfield.
Much more including an image of the ‘event file’ here.
Beck explains: Glenn reads the evidence on the Saudi national that shows that Department of Homeland Security’s Janet Napolitano is lying about the Saudi national:
Annnnd the plot thickens. Jim Hoft has screenshots of White House visitor logs showing that Abdul Rahman Al-Harbi has visited the White House several times since 2009.
Update: WKRO Boston has posted the Michelle-Al-Harbi photo on the facebook page; “Caption Michelle with the Saudi“.
Update 2: Walid Shoebat has more on the hospital stay here.
Now, contrarians to those with concerns about this visit will likely say that the first lady was simply paying visits to all the victims in the hospital, of which Alharbi was one and had been cleared two days earlier.
In light of recent reports that Alharbi was scheduled for deportation on â€˜national security groundsâ€™, the first ladyâ€™s visit takes on much added significance if those reports are true. We already know that the Alharbi clan consists of multiple Al-Qaeda members. This would seem to bolster the claims of scheduled deportation, not claims to the contrary made by the likes of DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano, who actually never really answered the question; she just got rankled and blew it off.
If these reports about Alharbiâ€™s scheduled deportation for such reasons are correct, a visit by the first lady of the United States would indeed be significant in its importance. It would also be a major national security blunder because of the message it would send.