Eric Holder’s House Judiciary Committee Testimony: “I Don’t Know, I Don’t Know, I Don’t Know, I Don’t Know, I Don’t Know…” 57 Times! [Video]
Attorney General Eric Holder used the phrase “I don’t know” or some variation, at least 57 times during a hearing before the House Judiciary Committee today as House Republicans grilled him over controversies including the IRS’ targeting of Tea Partiers, the Justice Department’s seizure of journalist phone records, and the security lapses surrounding the Boston bombing.
Bad Day For Holder When He’s Lost The Washington Post – PJ Tattler
As the nation’s top law enforcement official, Eric Holder is privy to all kinds of sensitive information. But he seems to be proud of how little he knows.
That was my thought exactly earlier today. Maybe now that Dana Milbank agrees with me it is magically no longer a racist thought.
On and on Holder went: “I don’t know. I don’t know. . . . I would not want to reveal what I know. . . . I don’t know why that didn’t happen. . . . I know nothing, so I’m not in a position really to answer.”
Holder seemed to regard this ignorance as a shield protecting him and the Justice Department from all criticism of the Obama administration’s assault on press freedoms. But his claim that his “recusal” from the case exempted him from all discussion of the matter didn’t fly with Republicans or Democrats on the committee, who justifiably saw his recusal as more of an abdication.
“There doesn’t seem to be any acceptance of responsibility in the Justice Department for things that have gone wrong,” said Rep. James Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.), after Holder placed the AP matter in the lap of his deputy. “We don’t know where the buck stops.”
- Doc Drop: White House Releases 100 Pages Of #Benghazi Emails –Admin. Talking Points
- Eric Holder: “Not Sure” When I Recused Myself on Secret AP Subpoena, Not In Writing
- Photo: Obama’s DOJ AG Eric Holder Being SWORN IN Prior To Testifying On IRS & AP Scandals
- Obama Believes In An “Unfettered Press”? What About His War Against @FoxNews??
- @TheDailyShow’s Jon Stewart Excoriates Obama Over #IRS & #DOJ @AP Scandals [Update: Stewart Doubles Down! You Can’t Keep Saying You Found Out About News At the Same Time As Us!]
- @ABC Analyst Trey Hardin: Very Likely West Wing Of White House Authorized #IRS-Gate Targeting Conservative Groups [Audio]
- CNN: Decision To Scrub Terror Reference From #Benghazi Talking Points Made At White House Meeting