#Egypt: PM Proposes Dissolving Muslim Brotherhood, al Qaeda Chief Ayman al-Zawahri’s Brother Arrested, Son Of MB Leader Killed
Good luck on the former and a hearty congrats on the two take downs.
(Sky News) –A gun battle has erupted between soldiers and Muslim Brotherhood protesters holed up in a mosque in central Cairo.
Egyptian TV footage showed gunmen firing from inside the minaret of the al-Fatah mosque in Ramses Square – moments after images showed tear gas canisters being thrown at protesters inside the building.
Pictures also showed soldiers dragging supporters of ousted president Mohamed Morsi out of the building.
The fresh violence flared after hours of negotiations between the two sides – and news that Egyptian Prime Minister Hazem el Beblawi had proposed the legal dissolution of the Muslim Brotherhood and that the idea was being studied by the government.
It also emerged that the brother of al Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahri had been arrested in Egypt for supporting Mr Morsi.
Ammar Badie, one of the sons of the Muslim Brotherhood’s spiritual leader Mohamed Badie, was among those killed, the group’s Freedom and Justice Party said on its Facebook page.
The 38-year-old died of a gunshot wound while taking part in protests in Ramses Square.
The whereabouts of his father, who has been charged with inciting violence, are unknown.
Muslim Bro’hood slugs…Love it.
— Reem Elmeleegy (@ReemElmeleegy) August 17, 2013
Big bad Muslim Brotherhood vermin hiding out from Egyptian soldiers in a a mosque rat hole.
- Egypt: Muslim Brotherhood ‘Day of Rage’ Rage Boy Wears Obama T-Shirt [Image]
- Egypt: Pro-Morsi Wahhabis Vow To Suicide Bomb All Opponents & Set Christians On Fire [Video]
- Obama’s Statement On Egypt Coup: Stands By Muslim Brotherhood Morsi In The Bitter End “Deeply Concerned”
- Anti-Obama Signs At Anti-Morsi Protest In Egypt: “Obama Supports Terrorism” “Obama Supports Dictator Morsi” “Obama Backs Up A Fascist Regime” And More! [Photos]
- Endorsing Sharia: Obama’s Egyptian Ambassador Ann Patterson To Coptic Christians: ‘Do Not Protest Against Morsi’ [Photos: Anti-Patterson Protest Signs]
- Egypt: Man with sign outside presidential palace: ‘Obama: “Your Bitch Is Our Dictator” ! [Pic]
- Egyptian Unrest Explodes! MILLIONS Protest, Call For Morsi’s Ouster –Video & Photos [Updated]