Color me pleasantly surprised.
It’s encouraging that so many in Hollywood are publicly stepping up to the plate in support of Israel.
(The Hollywood Reporter) –A pro-Israel activist organization is circulating a list of at least 190 names of high-profile Hollywood industry figures — studio heads, directors, producers, actors and managers — that have signed a statement criticizing the actions of Hamas.
Actors Kelsey Grammer, Sarah Silverman, Minnie Driver, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Seth Rogen, Josh Charles and Tony Goldwyn, showrunners Aaron Sorkin, Diane English, Mayim Bialik, Doug Ellin and Greg Berlanti, directors Ivan Reitman and William Friedkin, producers Avi Arad, Scooter Braun, Jerry Weintraub, Avi Lerner, execs Ryan Kavaunagh, Sherry Lansing and Amy Pascal and mogul Haim Saban are just a few of the names that appear on the statement.
The statement was circulated on Saturday by Lana Melman, director of the Creative Community for Peace organization. Melman collected and confirmed signatures over the past two weeks, she told THR.
The Creative Community for Peace organization was founded Nov. 2011. According to Melman’s bio as a contributor at the online newspaper Times of Israel, the organization aims to bring together “prominent members of the entertainment industry to counter the cultural boycott against Israel and promote an accurate image of the Jewish state.” [...]
We, the undersigned, are saddened by the devastating loss of life endured by Israelis and Palestinians in Gaza. We are pained by the suffering on both sides of the conflict and hope for a solution that brings peace to the region.
While we stand firm in our commitment to peace and justice, we must also stand firm against ideologies of hatred and genocide which are reflected in Hamas’ charter, Article 7 of which reads, “There is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him!” The son of a Hamas founder has also commented about the true nature of Hamas.
Hamas cannot be allowed to rain rockets on Israeli cities, nor can it be allowed to hold its own people hostage. Hospitals are for healing, not for hiding weapons. Schools are for learning, not for launching missiles. Children are our hope, not our human shields.
Lainie Sorkin Becky
Joshua P Binder
Donald De Line
Bryan J. Freedman
Geordie E. Frey
Jonathan Jakubowicz Nathan Kahane
Eriq La Salle
Jeffrey D. Melvoin
Donald S. Passman
Bruce M. Ramer
Zvi Howard Rosenman
Fred D. Toczek
David N. Weiss
Sharon Tal Yguado
- VIDEO PROOF France24 News Report: Hamas Rocket Launchers RIGHT NEXT To UN Facility AND Civilian Homes! (8/6/14)
- Pro-Gaza Palestinian IslamoNazis Shout “Heil Hitler” At Pro Israel Supporters [VIDEO]
- Gazan: “We Are Ready (To Continue) To Sacrifice Our Children For Victory” As We Have All Along
- Raw Footage: Hamas Rocket Explodes Near Israeli School, Children In Vicinity, WJ Reporter Nearly Killed (8/1/14)
- Must See Video: Palestine’s #Pallywood Lies EXPOSED
- FLASHBACK VIDEO: Pro-Hamas Terrorist Muslim Student Protest In Israel Interrupted By Hamas Rockets
- Finnish TV Reporter In Gaza: ‘Hamas Rockets Are Launched From Al Shifa Hospital Into Israel’ [VIDEO] (July 2014)
- Thank You Letter From Hamas To The Media
- VIDEO: Son of Hamas Founder: Hamas Atrocities Led Me to Convert, Muhammad A False Prophet -UPDATE: Mark Levin Interview
- WATCH: IDF Walk-Through Of Gaza Mosque With Hamas Weapons Cache & Tunnels Under Prayer Room -UPDATE: Video Of Mosque Tunnel Destroyed
- #HamasWarCrimes: 12 Examples Of Hamas Firing Rockets From Civilian Areas In Gaza [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: PLO’s Hanan Ashrawi Laughs About Hamas Hiding Weapons In SCHOOLS
- #SaveGaza From Hamas: 14 Ways Hamas Weaponizes Women, Children, Animals Against Israel
- VIDEO: Hamas TV Host On Dead Gaza Civilian Human Shields “Their Time Has Come” “Being With Allah Is Better” (July 20, 2014)
- Hamas Terrorist Charged IDF Soldiers With Gun In One Hand, A Baby In The Other (July 2014)
- VIDEO: Hamas Spokesman Encourages Gazans To Serve As Human Shields: Proven To Be “Effective” (July 8, 2014)
- VIDEO: Hamas Spokesman “We Are Leading (Our Human Shields) To Death” (July 14, 2014)
- Caught On Tape! Hamas Terrorists Admit To Using Innocent Civilians As Human Shields [VIDEO]
- BBC: Gaza Supporters Tweet False #GazaUnderAttack Images
- WATCH: Israel Drops 1000′s Of Leaflets Above Gaza To Warn Civilians Of Air Strikes Targeting Hamas (July 16, 2014)