Also see Andrew Malcolm’s Obama marks 5th birthday of his shovel-ready spending hoax; How will you celebrate?
HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THE FIRST LADY’S DRESS. #BOWDOWN
— Shawna Thomas (@ShawnaNBCNews) February 12, 2014
I’d rather live on my feet.
— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) February 12, 2014
— jon gabriel (@exjon) February 12, 2014
* @ShawnaNBCNews Follow! Submit! Obey! Follow! Submit! Obey!
— Andrew Wilkow (@WilkowMajority) February 12, 2014
Gush, drool, gush, drool. Hurl.
The first course will feature American Osetra caviar, farmed from the estuaries of Illinois, paired with quail eggs from Pennsylvania and a dozen varieties of potatoes from farms in New York, Idaho and California.
That will be followed by a salad of petite radishes and baby carrots on a bed of lettuce and splashed with red-wine vinaigrette made using honey from the beehive on the South Lawn. The salad will be served in a clear, glass bowl and resemble a terrarium.
The main course, dry-aged rib eye beef from a farm in Greeley, Colo., will be served with blue cheese, charred shallots, oyster mushrooms and braised chard.
Dessert is chocolate malted cake, described as a modern version of a layer cake made with bittersweet chocolate from Obama’s native Hawaii, Florida tangerines and served with vanilla ice cream from Pennsylvania. After dinner, guests can dip into a serving dish made entirely of sugar to sample fudge made of Vermont maple syrup, shortbread cookies made with lavender from Mrs. Obama’s garden and cotton candy dusted with orange zest.
“And the bourgeoisie shall dine while the peasants fight for scraps in the dumpster.” ~Ed
Obama should put our money where his mouth is. In other words, he should put some personal skin in the “income inequality” game by setting an example or STFU.
Guests will take small trolleys across the South Lawn to the tent, which will be transformed into a spring-like scene inspired by Claude Monet’s Water Lilies paintings, with quince branches in full bloom, irises, blue agapanthus and lilies.
1. Obama claims that “corporate profits and stock prices have rarely been higher, and those at the top have never done better. But… [u]pward mobility has stalled.” This has been refuted most recently by Harvard Economics Professor Raj Chetty who recently released a paper showing that upward mobility in America hasn’t changed since the 1970’s. This means that in the past 40+ years the chances of moving out of poverty in America have remained unchanged.
2. The President continued beating his ‘war on women’ drum last night, using his often cited statistic about women making only $.77 for every dollar a man makes in America. The problem is this statistic is completely bogus. It isn’t just conservatives who are saying this, even the staunch liberals at Slate say the President’s figures simply don’t add up. After all, it’s just arithmetic.
3. While the President made a big show out of the minimum wage he failed to tell the American people that the minimum wage actually only affects less than 1% of the work force. That’s right, less than 1% of the American workforce earns the federal minimum wage, the rest work at a level above the minimum. While Obama might want to force this issue for political gain, he is lying when he says that this is a huge problem for the American public.
4. Obama claimed “more than 9 million Americans have signed up” for coverage under ObamaCare during his speech last night, a number that has been widely challenged in the aftermath of the speech. Observers have pointed out that almost 5 million Americans have lost coverage because of the mandates in ObamaCare. Others have questioned the number of Medicaid beneficiaries who are newly eligible due to the program’s expansion under the law. Obama’s 9 million figure includes a claim that 3.9 million learned they are eligible for Medicaid, but he admits some of those counted are actually renewals.
5. President Obama claimed to have added 8 million jobs to the U.S. economy last night to loud applause. The problem is, that claim only rings true if you ignore all of the jobs the economy has lost under Obama’s watch. The true number is well less than half of his claim. The President will continue to ignore this truth, however, because it goes to show that the economic recovery under his tenure has been the slowest since World War Two.
6. While Obama took credit for the rising domestic energy production he is lying by omission when he fails to tell the American people this energy boom has occurred in spite of his policies, not because of them. Much of the increase in domestic energy production has happened on private land, and despite the growing number of regulations that the Obama administration has heaped on the industry.
7. The Affordable Care Act, ObamaCare to most, is on its face a lie. While the President painted a rosy picture of his namesake last night, he glossed over the fact that it is not affordable after all. While monthly bills for health insurance have gone down for some (and risen for others), that is only one side of the equation. What Obama isn’t telling the public is that deductibles are going up under ObamaCare, sometimes doubling or even tripling.
8. While carbon emissions are not at the top of ForAmerica’s policy priorities, holding President Obama accountable for his claims is what we are all about. Last night, the President claimed the U.S. “reduced our total carbon pollution more than any other nation on Earth.” The facts show many nations reduced their emissions by a greater percentage than the U.S. has in recent years.
9. On Iran, President Obama told the American people a flat out lie last night. The President said that Iran is now eliminating its stockpile of highly enriched uranium. While evidence exists that the Iranians, under the recent international agreement, have begun oxidizing their highly enriched uranium, a process that makes the uranium unusable. Obama failed to say this process is completely reversible, and thus, Iran has not eliminated their stockpiles at all.
Source: For America
Harry Reid’s Anti-Anchor Baby Legislation Flashback: “No Sane Country” Would Permit Birthright Citizenship [Video]
Xenophoooooobe! Bigot! Raaaaaaacist!
“If making it easy to be an illegal alien wasn’t enough, how about offering a reward for being an illegal immigrant? No sane country would do that. Right? Guess again! If you break our laws by entering this country without permission and give birth to a child, we reward that child with US citizenship.”
Even the summary of the bill contains language that would offend many of Mr. Reid’s supporters who are pushing amnesty for illegal immigrants in the United States:
“A bill to curb criminal activity by aliens, to defend against acts of international terrorism, to protect American workers from unfair labor competition, and to relieve pressure on public services by strengthening border security and stabilizing immigration into the United States.
O’s status quote farming and race card playing all in one nasty pack O lies.
“When Chinese immigrants came to this city in search of Ã¢â‚¬Å“Gold Mountain,Ã¢â‚¬Â they werenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t looking just for physical riches. They were looking for freedom and opportunity.
They knew that what makes us American is not a question of what we look like or what our names are — because we look like the world. You got a President named Obama. (Laughter and applause.)
What makes us American is our shared belief in certain enduring principles, our allegiance to a set of ideals, to a creed, to the enduring promise of this country.”
– Obama San Francisco, CA November 25, 2013 Betty Ong Chinese Recreation Center
The Daily Caller’s Neil Munro crunches the illegal immigration numbers which SHOCKER! are not in favor of American citizens, be they native born or legal immigrants:
Roughly 20 million Americans are unemployed. Their number includes many young Latinos, African-Americans, immigrants and white citizens.
ObamaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 2013 offer of work permits to the illegals boosted his support among Latinos, 71 percent of whom voted for him in November 2012.
Earlier in the speech, Obama had slammed the GOP for opposing the Senate immigration rewrite, which is backed by Democrats, advocates for the illegals, business groups and numerous billionaires.
If approved by the House, the SenateÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s immigration expansion would welcome 30 million immigrants, plus millions of temporary guest workers, over the next decade.Ã‚Â That influx would import roughly one immigrant or guest-worker for every American aged 11 to 21, or one immigrant for every American teenager in 2012.Ã‚Â Current law allows one million immigrants and 700,000 guest workers to enter the country each year.
After 13 years of high immigration, fewer native-born Americans have jobs, and the gap between the wealthy and the poor is expanding, especially in California.
Obama didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t discuss the high level of American unemployment among Latinos and African-Americans, or among high-skilled professionals. He didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t talk about AmericansÃ¢â‚¬â„¢Ã‚Â stalled wages or how the SenateÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s immigration rewrite would expand the growing gap between rich and poor.Ã‚Â In fact, California has seen two decades of low-skill and high-skill immigration, so its middle class is shrinking and the gap between the wealthy and the poor expanding. [...]
So much for this:
Obama further said that providing an amnesty to illegal aliens–n.b. a “pathway to citizenship”–would grow the U.S. economy above “the growth that’s already taking place,” and reduce the federal deficit.
“In fact [granting amnesty to some 11 million people who are living in America illegally] will cost at least several trillions.”
- Obama Circumvents Congress Announces Election Year Amnesty By Executive Fiat
- Obama #DREAMAct Amnesty Flashbacks: CanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t: Ã¢â‚¬Å“Change Laws UnilaterallyÃ¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬ËœStop Deportations Through Exec OrderÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- ObamaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Anti-American Ã¢â‚¬Å“Vision of AmericaÃ¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ¢â‚¬ÂThe Heart of [His] CampaignÃ¢â‚¬Â
- [Flashback Video] Sen. Lindsay Graham to La Raza: Ã¢â‚¬Å“We are going to tell the bigots to shut upÃ¢â‚¬Â
- ICE Union President Testifies: ICE HQ Ordered Agents Not to Arrest IllegalsÃ¢â‚¬â€Including Fugitives [Video]
- ICE Union AFGE Strikes Back at ObamaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Stealth Amnesty/Dream Act Ã¢â‚¬â€œDesperate, They Plea For Help
- Video: Moronic Dem Sen. Dick Durbin Amnestied Ã¢â‚¬ËœIllegal Alien Could Be Our Future PresidentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
Obama has always used his skin color as a psychological bludgeon. But no longer satisfied with the not so subtle subtleties of race baiting sub text such as his; ‘If I had a son Trayvon would look like me 35 years ago’, Obama blows a ‘reverse racism dog whistle’:
(White House Dossier) –President Obama said that if economic prescriptions of the type he supports to increase economic growth and reduce â€œincome inequalityâ€ are not adopted, then race relations in the United State may deteriorate further.
â€œIf we donâ€™t do anything, then growth will be slower than it should be. Unemployment will not go down as fast as it should. Income inequality will continue to rise,â€ Obama said in an interview published Sunday by the New York Times. â€œRacial tensions wonâ€™t get better; they may get worse, because people will feel as if theyâ€™ve got to compete with some other group to get scraps from a shrinking pot. If the economy is growing, everybody feels invested, â€ he said.
Is that a threat or a promise?
@velvethammer That’s not a prediction. It’s a warning. In the absence of opposition, these totalitarian scum are losing their timidity.
â€” TylerNull of YouTube (@TylerNull) July 31, 2013
WELL, I SAID A WHILE BACK THAT THE WORSE HE DID AS PRESIDENT, THE BLACKER HEâ€™D DECIDE TO BE.
â€œTrust me, nine months from now, you wonâ€™t remember this sequester ever happened. Why? Because there will be another way worse financial crisis to deal with.â€
Watch your back SNL…you may come to “regret” this…
In other news the sky is blue.
WASHINGTON POST REPORTER: Just to be a 100-percent clear, would you sign a budget that continues to fund the government, even at lower levels than the sequester, even if you don’t prefer to do that?
OBAMA: I never want to make myself 100-percent clear with you guys, but I think it is fair to say that I made a deal for a certain budget, certain numbers, there’s s no reason why that deal needs to be reopened.
Straight from the
horse’s jackass’ mouth…
“I am saying that everybody is going to have to do something, and the one key to this whole thing is trying to make sure we keep in mind who we are here for. We’re not here for ourselves, we’re not here for our parties. We’re not here to advance our electoral prospects. We’re here for American families who have been getting battered pretty good over the last four years, are just starting to see the economy improved. Businesses are just starting to see some confidence coming back, and this is not a win for anybody. This is a loss for the American people.”
@velvethammer Obama left out “thanks to my incompetence and socialistic, job-killing policies.”
â€” The Stiletto (@TheStiletto) March 1, 2013
FDR’s New Deal ‘Planned economy or planned destruction?’ political cartoon published in the Chicago Tribune on April 21, 1934.
On Wednesday [June 10, 2009] the Trib reprinted the cartoon with the caption “This is a 1934 Chicago Tribune political cartoon that many say rings true in today’s political and economic climate. What do you think?”
Plan of action for U.S.
Spend! Spend! Spend!
Under the guise of ‘recovery‘
Bust the government.
Blame the ‘capitalists‘ for the failure.
Junk the ‘constitution‘.
Declare a dictatorship.
Ring any bells? From where I sit the din is deafening.
“The strategy of forcing political change through orchestrated crisis. The “Cloward-Piven Strategy” seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with a flood of impossible demands, thus pushing society into crisis and economic collapse.” >>>